Full text of EAHL Strategy 2014-2019
Approved on 10th October 2013 by EAHL General Assembly meeting
This Strategic Plan sets out immediate and medium term objectives to promote the mission of the European Association of Health Law (EAHL) and to achieve progress in all of the major objectives of the Association, as stated in the Constitution.
2. The objectives of the EAHL for the period 2014 – 2019
1. To bring together health lawyers from every Council of Europe country.
2. To bring EAHL to every Council of Europe country.
3. To bring together Europeans interested in health law development.
4. To promote health law teaching around the Council of Europe countries, particularly in law and medical schools.
5. To deliver an enhanced platform for members of EAHL that facilitates improvement of their professional and scientific excellence.
6. To strengthen administrative and financial capacity of EAHL.
3. Objective 1 – to bring together health lawyers from every Council of Europe country
1. The number of members is increasing constantly. The number of members in 2019 should reach 400 individual members and 50 institutional members.
2. There is an active national contact person and group of members in each country of Council of Europe;
3. There is an attractive package of membership benefits for all members of EAHL.
1. Constant improvement of the members benefit package (discounts for EAHL conferences and other Health law related events, special offers by publishers for books and periodicals etc).
2. Regular communication to members using newsletter and other communication tools (monthly updates of health law events, scientific publications by members, health law actualities in media; updates related to national political and legislative initiatives in the health law field; information on calls for research and educational projects).
3. Strengthening the role of the national contact person to facilitate membership (support from secretariat, special events).
4. Diversified invitation tools are introduced to attract different groups of stakeholders.
4. Objective 2 – to bring EAHL to every Council of Europe country
1. The invitation to join EAHL is sent to active health lawyers in each Council of Europe country.
2. The national contact person is acting as an ambassador of EAHL in its home country.
3. The EAHL is visible as an organisation in health law events in every Council of Europe country.
1. Visibility guidelines are developed and implemented; an ambassador role is developed.
2. Contact persons should be tasked with specific EAHL actions to organise events or activities to promote the EAHL in national states.
3. Cooperation initiatives are organised in relevant European and global administrative and scientific institutions.
5. Objective 3 – regularly to bring together Europeans interested in health law development
1. There are at least two EAHL organised events every year (symposiums, workshops, seminars, summer schools).
2. First annual conference with GA of EAHL in 2014.
3. Organised focus sessions/meeting of EAHL during other events.
1. To establish an EAHL conference steering committee.
2. To organise first annual conference in 2014.
3. To draw general principles of EAHL events in respect to organisation, hosting, financing, sponsoring;
4. To identify options to include EAHL focus sessions in some scientific events across Europe and to allocate responsibility to EAHL members to pursue these on behalf of the Association.
6. Objective 4 – to promote health law teaching around the Council of Europe countries
1. There will be an increased understanding of health law's role and importance in medical and law studies.
2. There will be an increased number of medical and law schools in each Council of Europe country where health law teaching has been promoted.
1. To organise activities to raise awareness of health law issues in Europe.
2. To send invitations to join EAHL for academics and students at all medical/health professional schools across the Europe.
3. To organise meetings with administrative authorities to promote health law education and EAHL (ombudsmen offices, health inspectorates, data protection agencies, ministries of education and ministries of health).
4. To inform law and medical schools about EAHL events.
5. To introduce interactive tools for promotion of health law as a discipline at www.eahl.eu.
6. To organise sessions on health law promotion in each EAHL conference
7. To develop innovative teaching models and tools for health law.
8. To encourage students to join the EAHL.
7. Objective 5 – to deliver an enhanced platform for members of EAHL that facilitates improvement of their professional and scientific excellence
1. There are at least 10 working/interest groups of members actively working on the chosen subject.
2. There is a coordinated scientific activity of the members.
3. There are regular events organised/promoted/initiated by the Association devoted to promote professional and scientific excellence by members.
1. To update the actual list of working groups regularly (to eliminate non-active ones and to add new groups according to interests of members).
2. To facilitate activity of the working groups through www.eahl.eu.
3. To create groups of members according to their expertise.
4. To facilitate comparative research on actual health law topics.
8. Objective 6 – to strengthen administrative and financial capacity of the EAHL
1. There is a professional administration providing effective management of the daily activities.
2. The Executive Board has developed tools and actions to safeguard achievement of the stated objectives.
3. There is proper funding secured to safeguard financial stability of the Association.
1. To introduce a fund raising policy, to elaborate action plan and to seek for necessary funds available.
2. To secure effective and timely management of new applications.
3. To enact regulation regarding the Advisory Board and to improve the role of the Advisory Board.
4. To assess utilities of all institutions of the Association regularly.
5. To assess progress in achieving objectives stated by this strategy yearly.